Solutions to 0xc0000005: Access Violation Error
0xc0000005 is a critical error which needs to be fixed as soon as possible.
However, don’t hurry to pay from $250 to $500 or even more to the PC repair guy (this is the average cost of routine procedures your could do on your own at little or no cost). We hope the tips on this page help you solve error 0xc0000005 and save hundreds of dollars.
If you are not a computer expert use the following first-aid solution:
(only REAL working solutions, no useless “registry cleaners”, work even in Safe Mode!)
- Free Download 0xc0000005 Fix
- This is my favorite tool because it has never failed me so far and fixed 100% of errors I had.
- It automatically repairs a wide range of computer problems, such as 0xc0000005 and blue screen errors, freezes, .dll and .sys file errors, system file and registry damage, malware and other troubles.
- This is the only tool that not just detects and removes a virus but also
fixes the damage already done to your system by a virus!
That's why this tool is highly recommended when you get some variation of error 0xc0000005, especially 'Access Violation 0xc0000005' or '0x0000008E 0xc0000005' which are frequently caused by viruses, trojans or other malware.
This tool is widely used by PC technicians to remove Windows errors and fix damaged systems .
- Install the program and launch it.
- Let the program scan your computer and repair the errors.
If you would like to dig deeper, below you can read more about 0xc0000005. You will find some specific examples of 0xc0000005 error messages and possible solutions and tools for specific cases. However, if you are not a computer technician we strongly recommend to use specialized software suggested on this page or contact an expert on this issue. The software, information and tips below are suggested by PC experts, the Microsoft Company or the users who successfully resolved 0xc0000005.
0xC0000005 Error: Explanation
0xC0000005 is a common access violation error. Typically, you randomly receive an error message that looks like this:
Explorer.exe access violation **(0xC0000005)** at address 240027
The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000005) Click on OK to terminate application.
0x0000005 error code can also be a part of a blue screen error (a STOP error or BSOD) message that looks like this:
STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005,0x89BBD4A9,0x7A44EC4C,0xBc40)
When 0xc0000005 Error Occurs
As a rule, you get the 0xc0000005 error message when you try to start one of your programs in Windows or install software. The program terminates with the 0xc0000005 message and you can’t get it work.
The most typical causes for the ‘0xc0000005: Access Violation’ error are: malware (viruses, trojans, spyware and other), system file damage, corrupt registry, faulty RAM, faulty drivers, incorrectly written, installed or updated software and even Windows security features.
Variations of 0xc0000005 Error Messages:
- “An application error has occurred and an application error log is being generated. Exception: access violation (0xC0000005), Address”
- “The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click OK to terminate the application”.
- The “Stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, …)” combination on the blue screen.
How to fix the 0xc0000005 error
If you are an advaned user click here for stepped instrutionsfor speific cases…» .