Exception 0xc0000005 - the meaning and solutions
Exception 0xc0000005 is typically returned by the system when you attempt to run or shutdown an application. An exception is an event, which occurs during the execution of a program, that disrupts the normal flow of the program’s instructions.
If you are not a computer expert use the following first-aid solutions:
(only REAL working solutions, no useless “registry cleaners”!)
- Free Download the Fix for Exception 0xc0000005
- This is my favorite tool because it has never failed me so far and fixed 100% of errors I had, including Exception 0xc0000005 and Windows update errors.
- It automatically repairs a wide range of computer problems, such as Exception 0xc0000005 and other blue screen errors, freezes, .dll and .sys file errors, system file and registry damage, malware and other troubles.
- And, which is critically important at the moment for me, with this tool, I don't even have to updgrade to Windows 10! This means that all the information on my computer will remain private!
- This is the only tool that not just detects and removes a virus but also fixes the damage already done to your system by a virus! That's why this tool is highly recommended when you get some variation of Exception 0xc0000005, which is frequently caused by viruses, trojans or other malware.
- This tool is widely used even by PC technicians to fix Windows errors.
- Install the program and launch it.
- Let the program scan your computer and repair the errors.
Exception 0xc0000005 is a Windows message code that may appear in different strings. Below are some examples of exception 0xc0000005 messages
Exception unknown software exception (0xc0000005)
TF2: hl2.exe unknown software exception (0xc0000005)
The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000005) occurred in the application at location 0X695A1BC2
exception 0xC0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION
First-chance exception in application.exe: 0xC0000005: Access Violation
Unhandled exception at 0x06b21240 in tester.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000
Win32 exception, 0xC0000005, encountered at location 0x02742952 Write attempt at location 0x0274192A
An exception is not the same as a error, although quite often there is confusion about these terms and any Windows message with 0xC0000005 code is regarded as an error message. An exception can be caught, guessed and handled, which is why the application or the system does not crash and may continue to work normally when you receive an “unknown software exception 0xc0000005” or a similar message. An error cannot be recovered from and the application or even the whole system crash. For example, when a thread tires to access a location that is unavailable because it does not exist, the even can be handled and the application will continue to run. When it has more more memory to continue, the application will crash. Quit often, this is a problem or specific applications or third party drivers.
Exception (0xc0000005) results from illegal memory access violation, which in fact refers to many different memory aspects, from corrupt RAM module to an application conflict caused by incorrect use of virtual memory by a driver. For example. a thread is tries to write to an address specified by the pointer, but the address is inaccessible or one of dereferenced pointers is null. In most simple terms, exception error 0xc0000005 means access denied, which typically refers to the use of specific memory addresses, rather than folder or file permissions. Address locations where the exception occurs (like 0X695A1BC2 in one of the examples above) vary. Specifically, win32 exception 0xc0000005 is frequently associated with DEP, a relatively new security feature of Intel and AMD processors. In such instances, exception 0xc0000005 is raised from an attempt to use non-executable memory locations to execute code.