Error 0x0000005: Causes & Solutions
0x0000005 is a critical error that needs to be fixed as soon as possible if you want to prevent further damage to your system and important files. That is why it needs to be fixed as soon as possible.
If you are not a computer expert use the following first-aid solutions:
(only REAL working solutions, no useless “registry cleaners”!)
- Free Download the Fix for error 0x0000005
- This is my favorite tool because it has never failed me so far and fixed 100% of errors I had.
- It automatically repairs a wide range of computer problems, such as error 0x0000005 and other blue screen errors, freezes, .dll and .sys file errors, system file and registry damage, malware and other troubles.
- This is the only tool that not just detects and removes a virus but also fixes the damage already done to your system by a virus! That's why this tool is highly recommended when you get some variation of error 0x0000005, which is frequently caused by viruses, trojans or other malware.
- This tool is widely used even by PC technicians to fix Windows errors.
- Install the program and launch it.
- Let the program scan your computer and repair the errors.
0x0000005 is a variation of the access violation error. Typically, you randomly receive an error message that looks like this:
Explorer.exe access violation **(0x0000005)** at address 230037
The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000005) Click on OK to terminate application.
0x0000005 error code can also be a part of a blue screen error (a STOP error or BSOD) message that looks like this:
STOP: 0x0000007E (0x0000005,0x89CBD4C9,0xBA4CEC4C,0xBA48)
If you would like to dig deeper, below you can read more about 0x0000005. You will find some specific examples of 0x0000005 error messages and possible solutions and tools for specific cases.
0x0000005 error case 1: Virus
If your computer is infected with malware the 0x0000005 (access violation) error may inform you that the system trapped execution of malicious code. If your PC has been infected, an antivirus will only remove the virus but won’t fix the damage it has done to your system. That’s why it’s a wiser idea to scan your system with Reimage, this is the only tool that not just removes malware but also fixes the damage it has done to the system, as well as numerous system errors.
Reimage has fixed over 1 million computers!
STOP 0x0000005 Case 2: Corrupt Registry
The 0x0000005 error is often caused by registry errors. Corrupt registry entries pile up as you install and delete programs, especially when you install new programs over old ones that were not completely deleted. If you get 0x0000005 as a part of a Blue Screen error, this is a critical sign of an unstable system.
To get rid of the 0x0000005 error you could check all the registry entries and repair the register manually, but this procedure is long and exhausting. If you are not a computer expert checking your registry manually may take a few days. In addition, you may damage important registry entries. That is why if you are not a PC guru you should use special software to repair your registry.
We recommend the tool suggested above because it fixes not just the registry but most of other numerous, even more serious issues that cause error 0x0000005.
0x0000005 error case 3: Explorer 4.01
0x0000005 error may occur when you start or quit Internet Explorer 4.01. The error message looks like:
Explorer.exe access violation (0x0000005) at address 230037
Such behavior is typical for Folio version 4.11 by Open Market, Inc. installed on your computer. To remove 0x0000005 error, pgrade the Folio software to version 4.2 (this case applies to Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 Service Pack 1).
0x0000005 error case 4: Viewing TIFF files in the Details view in Windows Server 2003
Windows Explorer may exit unexpectedly with the message “Explorer.exe access violation (0x0000005) at address….” when you use it to view TIFF files in the Details view on a computer running Microsoft Windows Server 2003 To remove this error:
- install the latest service pack for Windows Server 2003.
- view TIFF files in the another view
- view the TIFF files on another computer
0x0000005 error case 5: NTVDM Error with Matrox Video Card
If you use a Matrox Impression VL-bus or Matrox Impression Plus video card on a Windows NT computer you may get the following message:
An application error has occurred. An application error log is being generated. NTVDM.EXE exception: access violation (0x0000005), 0x01e24a4f
To resolve the error try any of the following:
- update the driver to version 2.12 (download the file NT212-24.ZIP). You can do so either by calling Matrox tech support at 514-6850270 or their BBS number 514-6852630.
- enable video shadowing in your computer’s CMOS
0x0000005 error case 5: 0x0000005 or 0xc0000005
Both, 0x0000005 and 0xc0000005 often appear with “access violation” message. Sometimes this error code may be mixed up by users. Please, check the fixes for 0xc0000005 error if none of the above helped you remove 0x0000005 error.
What if 0xC0000005 still occurs…
If 0xC0000005 still occurs use this all-in-one Windows fix:
Reimage fixes the entire system with the help of a full online database of replacement files. In most simple words, it reinstalls your system without touching your data, programs, settings and profiles, which had never been possible before. This program is the last resort solution for the cases when all other methods do not work and the cause of 0xC0000005 is still not clear.