Google Chrome 0xC0000005 Error | Fixes and Prevention
Solving 0xC0000005 Error in Google Chrome: Details
There are some reports from Windows users on Google Chrome 0xC0000005 Error. The browser crashes with the following message:
- 'The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application'.
In most cases the Google Chrome 0xc0000005 error is caused by Symantec Endpoint Protection.
If you are using Symantec Endpoint Protection, try the steps below. We recommend this solution only to experienced PC users because it involves registry modifications! Handling the registry in the wrong way and damaging important entries may disable your system. However, it's up to you to decide if this knowledge is worth $250 to $500 or more dollars PC repair shops could want you to pay for their services...
- Back up your system registry (advisable)
- Click Start.
- In the Search field type 'regedit' and press Enter.
- Navigate to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SysPlant.
- To the right of the Registry Editor, find the key "Start" with type "REG DWORD".
- Change the Start DWORD value to 4.
- Reboot the computer to enable the changes.
If you don't have any Symantec software installed on your computer but Google Chrome crashed with the 0xc0000005 code, you could try turning off the sandbox option in Google Chrome and see if that's the reason.
- Right-click on the Google Chrome icon on your desktop.
- Click the shortcut tab.
- Add '-no-sandbox' at the end of the target line (with a space between).
However, running Chrome without sandbox is not advisable because it makes your computer vulnerable to security exploits.
More updates on Google Chrome 0xC0000005 Error are coming.